Spicy Potato Stir Fry


 No matter what I cook or whatever be the menu "daal" is an unavoidable dish in my kitchen. And if I am cooking daal....then there has to be a side dish. I hate repeating dishes. It makes me kind of boring and taste starts being stale. Not everyday...but more often its something new that I try on. Sometimes I make a veggy curry, some times french fries, some days its mashed potato with a very spicy garlic paste. Some days ago I tried this spicy potato fry. As from the name you can understand that its not curry. Its a very dry sir fry and will go very well with daal. It requires a very small amount of oil and spices. But since the spices that I used are itself very much peppered I will advise that start with a small amount and then increase the seasoning according to your taste. And if you don't like it very spicy then you can always reduce the amount of green chilies.


Spicy Potato Stir Fry



Ingredients:
  • 2 medium sized potatoes
  • one medium sized onion
  • 2 tablespoon oil
  • 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
  • 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
  • 5-6 peppercorns
  • 2 cayenne peppers
  • 4 green chillies
Method: 

  • Cut the potatoes in small pieces and chop the onions.
  • Boil the potatoes until they can be mashed by just pressing a spoon on it.
  • Grind the spices except the mustard seeds and make a paste of the green chilies.
  • Heat oil in a pan and put mustard seeds and let them splatter.
  • Put the chopped onions and stir until becomes translucent.
  • Then put the boiled potatoes and stir for a while.
  • Now put the grounded spices.
  • Stir for a while and put the paste according to your taste.
  • Fry until the potatoes are a little golden brown.
Your spiced potato fry is now ready. Serve with a little mint leaves on it.



Comments

Popular Posts