French Fries

how to cook french fries

The classic French Fries never gets boring. It just needs am excuse to be made in my kitchen. I loved eating French Fries whenever I went to KFC or McDonalds. But what about the temptation that I have sometimes when I am in home. So I needed a replacement. And I found out that its not that tough to make French Fries at home. All you need is some 45minutes in hand and it will be in your nearest bowl all prepped up to go to a mouth watering delicious journey.


However about the calories....err...plz don't ask me. It has potatoes, oil...lots of..so you can either you can have a mouthful or  big bowl. He heee!!!



French Fries

Inredients:

how to cook french fries
  • Potatoes
  • Salt
  • Oil - enough to deep fry the potatoes
Method:
  • Slicing the potatoes is the trickiest part here. As per from my 4 months triest I have found out that cutting makes a big difference to the taste. So cut them in thin log pieces. 
  • Put water in a saucepan and let it to come to boil. When it starts to boil put the potatoes in it and put cover, but it should be slightly opened so that the vapor has a way to come out. Half boil the potatoes. 
  • One tip: take out one of the potatoes. Press your thumb on it. If it takes effort to break then it is in your desired state.
  • Drain the water. Put the potatoes in a box or a zip pouch bag and put it in the freezer.
  • Let it be there for 30minutes.
  • After 30minutes take it of the freezer and deep fry it.
  • Don't make it too crisp. Fry until it is golden and properly cooked.

Comments

Popular Posts