Spicy Potato Curry

Its feeling good to be able to do all the things myself again. It had been a terrible fortnight....and finally I am in my good health again. Its not very often that I fall ill...but this time it was the time for such an exception. I was hospitalized and for almost 10-11 days all I did was lying in the bed and sleep through day and night. Then infection spread out in my left hand leaving me unable to do almost nothing on my on. But hopefully all are gone now and I couldn't have been recovered this much if it was not my husband who stayed by my side all the time. Running between office and hospital it was his condition that was worse than me.



Well...back to my cooking zone, this is what I cooked first. A simple, spicy and tangy potato curry.



Spicy Potato Curry
Serves 3


Ingredients:
  • 4 medium potato - diced
  • 2 medium tomato - chopped
  • 1 small bunch of fresh coriander leaves - chopped
  • 2 green chilies - silted
  • 6-7 curry leaves
  • 1 tsp. cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp. mustard seeds
  • 1/2 tsp. asafoetida
  • 1 tsp. ginger paste
  • 1 tsp. garlic paste
  • 1 tsp. chili paste
  • 1 tsps. turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsps. red chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garam masala powder(optional)
  • 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
  • salt
  • sugar
  • 2 tbsp. oil
  • 1 cup water
Method:
  • Parboil the potatoes and keep aside.
  • In a pan heat oil and put the cumin and mustard seeds.
  • When they start crackling add the asafoetida and chopped tomatoes and silted green chilies.
  • Sauté for 2 minutes and add the ginger-garlic paste.
  • Cover and let it cook.
  • The tomatoes should be cooked thoroughly or otherwise the raw taste will remain in the dish.
  • When they are cooked and mashed up add the turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chili powder and chili paste.
  • Mix evenly with the mixture and add the potatoes.
  • Add salt and water.
  • Cover and cook until the potatoes are cooked properly.
  • Then add the chopped coriander leaves and garam masala powder.
  • Taste and adjust seasoning and add sugar as per your taste.
  • When the thickness of the gravy reaches your preferred consistency switch of the flame.

Comments

Popular Posts