Mushroom and Corn Salad

Salads are something which becomes new every time I make, because every time I add something new and it becomes a totally different dish. How wonderful! I wonder if any other food category would give me such an opportunity!!
A few days ago hubby and I was getting really hungry after returning home from shopping. I was not at all feeling energetic to be engaged into a full meal, so quickly I made this salad to ward off our hunger. I was feeling something without meat..so I made this Mushroom and Corn Salad.


And after that, I made this a couple of times more, and it became a favorite among us, just because I love the taste of corn with lime juice and salt. The slight tangy taste from the lime juice makes a hell lot of difference. Its quick and you can add any vegetable you have in your fridge. Just dump everything, give a quick stir fry and your dish is ready within minutes!!:)


Mushroom And Corn Salad
Serves 2


Ingredients:

  • 1 big mushroom (any kind) - sliced
  • 1/2 onion - sliced
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1 cloves of garlic - chopped
  • 2 inch ginger - chopped
  • 1/2 yellow capsicum - chopped
  • 1/2 red capsicum - chopped
  • 1/2 orange capsicum - chopped
  • 1/4 cup green peas 
  • 2 bunches of fresh coriander leaves - chopped
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1 tsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • salt & pepper
Method:
  • Sauté the mushrooms and onion in butter with salt and pepper until tender.
  • Now add the ginger and garlic and sauté until their raw flavor is gone.
  • Now add the capsicums, green peas, corn. soy sauce and sesame oil. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, allowing them to be a little tender but they should not loose their crispiness.
  • Now add the chopped coriander leaves. Give a good stir and put off the flame.
  • Transfer them to a bowl and add the lime juice. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Let them cool down a bit and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts