Mango Ice-Cream

In Bengali there is a saying that, "Geyo Jogi Bhik Pai Na" ~ the village saint never gets alms. In Kolkata I took mangoes taken for granted. Scarcely I used to eat a lot of them...one or two pieces were enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. But now....oh..how much I crave for them!! Everywhere I see Alfanso mangoes, but where can I get those local variations???Now don't tell me I am obsessed...because I kind of am!!! Its the season of summer and I can't get to eat Himsagar!!! I better be damned!! I am missing the smell and my mother's burgaining skill, which she used in purchasing big batches of mangoes. Oh....how am I missing the rush!!

how to make no cook Mango Ice-Cream

how to make no cook Mango Ice-Cream









It makes me remember one particular mango beverage advertisement where Katrina Kaif ate mangoes so sensuously!!! I have hardly seen anyone eating mangoes like that!! Ha ha!!! Whenever I think of mango I come to think of my cousin who used to eat lots of mangoes, from the age when she could hardly speak properly. And when she ate, mango juices trickled down from her palms to hands to elbows...and then steadily dripped on her frock, wetting the chest with its yellow sticky juices. Sometimes her mother ignored and sometimes she used to scold her and changed the frock rapidly!! And then with a mouth full of mangoes her entire face became sticky and magoyeee!!! On mango seasons, Ma used to cut a plate full of mangoes and we hardly counted how much we are eating!! One by one...pieces used to disappear and ma used to cut some more again!! Finally she had to warn us that we all will upset our stomachs.

how to make no cook Mango Ice-Cream

how to make no cook Mango Ice-Cream

This mango ice cream is whipped up with all these memories. I have skipped the custard base as I wanted to make a quick ice-cream. This one is rich, creamy and loaded with fresh mango flavors. I am sure, you all will love it.

how to make no cook Mango Ice-Cream


Mango Ice Cream
Serves 12-15 scoops

how to make no cook Mango Ice-Cream
Ingredients:

  • 1 cup heavy whipping creme
  • 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • pulp of 1 mango
  • sugar - as per taste
Method:
  • Make a smooth pulp from the flesh of 1 large mango using a blender.
  • Now with a kitchen-aid or hand blender whip the heavy creme until you have soft peaks.
  • Now add the sweetened condensed milk to it and blend again for 2 minutes.
  • You will now have a smooth and creamy mixture.
  • Add in the blended mango pulp and fold in with a spatula.
  • Taste and if required add in sugar as per requirement.
  • Now put it in a glass bowl or loaf pan and cover with a piece of cling-film.
  • Refrigerate overnight. 
  • Take it out of the freezer before 5-7 minutes of serving. It will become soft to scoop out.
  • Serve with rose syrup, mint leaves and some slivered almonds.

Comments

Popular Posts