One Ingredient Ice-Cream ~ Banana And Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream

I used to have a hate list (regarding foods) .... and it was probably way longer than most of the foodies. Although I have risen above most of my stigmas regarding veggies, but still I don't like Okra, and  probably that is the sole reason that I haven't posted any dish on that till now, whereas there is a very popular Okra Fry with Potatoes in Bengali Cuisine. Even before my marriage I used to hate most of the green veggies, which my mother...after being really grumpy as opposed to my vegetable fugitive nature, used to stuff inside my mouth. Confronted with this I gobbled up everything and chewed as fast as I could and then with a big sip of water swallowed everything. After that almost every time I ended up vomiting everything I ate.

how to make no cook banana ice cream

I also did not like jhinge (ridge gourd) or potol (pointed gourd) or plantain or sim (flat bean). But time has made me wiser and now without my mother's pressure I try to include a lot of veggies in my meal. The same thing applies with banana, whose sticky texture was something I could hardly handle. Although they are very nutritious and good for health, most of the time I used to throw them away after spending almost a month in the fridge and turning completely black. And so I have changed my eating habit. These days, I no longer throw them away but make ice creams with them. Yes banana ice creams and trust me....they don't even taste like bananas anymore. Pheewww...what a relief!!

how to make no cook banana ice cream



It feels and taste like ice cream but its frozen banana, and packed with a lot of health benefits. Its the easiest and healthiest ice cream recipe that I have ever came across. You can mix any add on of your choice, like I have added chocolate chips and pistachios. Or you can freeze the banana pulp plain and eat with your choice of toppings. Either way, this is a great substitute towards those fatty store bought ice cream options. So, go ahead and play with your options and this time, eat ice cream...guilt free!!

how to make no cook banana ice cream


Banana And Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream
Makes around 4-5 cups of ice-cream

how to make no cook banana ice cream
Ingredients:

  • 6-7 large ripe and yellow bananas
  • 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts (non-toasted and unsalted)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips / 1 large chocolate bar chopped into small pieces
  • 1/4 cup pistachio - chopped
  • sugar - as per taste
  • chocolate sauce and honey to garnish
Method:
  • Peel and cut the bananas into small pieces. Put them into an airtight container and freeze overnight until they are completely frozen.
  • Soak the unsalted raw cashew nuts into some hot water for 15 minutes and then drain the water.
  • Take a blender and put the cashew nut into it. Add 2 tsp water and pulse to make a smooth and fine paste.
  • Now add the frozen bananas into the blender and blend until smooth.
  • You will have the consistency of a soft serve ice cream. Taste and add sugar as per taste.
  • Pour the entire mixture into an air tight container again and mix in chopped pistachios and chocolate chips.
  • Cover the mixture with a cling-film to prevent formation of ice crystals. Put cover and refrigerate overnight.
  • Take the ice cream out of the freezer prior to 10-15 minutes of serving to make them scoop-able. 
  • Scoop into bowls and drizzle chocolate sauce and honey.
  • Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts