Kasuri Methi Paratha ~ Dry Fenugreek Leaves Paratha

I do not get fresh methi greens or fenugreek leaves in Abidjan. While I am trying to grow them right here in my home, I have to rely completely on the packaged kasuri methi or dry fenugreek leaves that I get on the Indian stores. Prior to use them, I soak them in warm water to get the greenish look...and they work just fine!! Even for the other dishes I do the same...and trust me it does not make that much of a difference.

dried fenugreek leaves recipe

dried methi paratha recipe

Besides I was thinking of making Methi Paratha for a long time...and when I finally had a fresh packet of kasuri methi after my previous lot finished up, the first thing that came into my mind was this Kasuri Methi paratha.

how to make methi paratha recipe
Mix all the ingredients except themethi leaves and green chillies to form a dough.
methi paratha recipe with kasuri methi
In the end add methi leaves and chopped green chillies and mix in.
dried fenugreek leaves paratha recipe
Create equal sized round shaped balls from the dough.
how to make kasuri methi paratha
Dust them with flour.
how to make kasuri methi roti
Roll them into a flat medium sized circle roti / tortilla.
methi paratha indian recipe
Fry them with some oil on the tawa,
You can use the same recipe to make puris and deep fry them..but deep frying always gives me panic attacks and so I settled down with paratha. I paired my methi parathas with “mattha”, which I saw in a Marathi channel. It is made with curd, coriander leaves, green chillies, sugar and rock salt . Blend them well till everything is smooth and frothy, and pour them in a tall glass or serve them as a raita. They are a delish with the slightly salty and spicy parathas.

methi ka paratha recipe indian paratha recipe

You can also make a thin potato and tomato curry to go with this one, but “mattha” is my personal favourite. Besides I have to cook one less dish in that case...and I start happy dancing!! Yay!!

simple and easy methi paratha with dried fenugreek leaves recipe

Methi Paratha
Makes 7-10 large to medium parathas

sukhi methi paratha recipe how to make kasuri methi paratha recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups of all purpose flour / whole wheat flour
½ cup of all purpose flour for dusting and rolling
2 tbsp thick yogurt
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp gram flour / besan
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp carom seeds
½ inch ginger – minced
2-3 green chillies
½ cup kasuri methi
Salt
Oil to fry

Method:
In a cup soak the kasuri methi in warm water for 15 minutes. Then drain the water and squeeze the leaves to get rid of excess water. Keep aside.
In a big bowl take 2 cups of all purpose flour, yogurt, besan, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, carom seeds, minced ginger, salt and oil.
Mix until everything is nicely incorporated. If required add little water and start to knead until it forms a non-sticky smooth dough.
Then add the soaked kasuri methi, chopped green chillies and a little more flour to mix in.
Knead again to mix them well.
Once done, keep the dough aside covered with a plastic wrap / damp cloth for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
After 1 hour make 7-8 equal sized medium round shaped balls out of the dough.
Dust them with some flour and roll them into a medium sized paratha.

Shallow fry them on the tawa with some oil and serve hot with some butter and raita.

Comments

Popular Posts