Nolen Gurer Ice-Cream / Date - Palm Jaggery Flavoured Ice-Cream

No churn ice creams are such a life savior!! Very few ingredients and such a splendid result!! I have made so many ice creams in the past....but whenever I look at my options I always feel so many of my favourite being left out. I guess you can never have enough ice creams.

how to make nolen gurer ice cream / date palm jaggery ice cream

bengali nolen gurer ice cream recipe / date palm jaggery flavoured ice cream recipe

The summer has hit in and this time I just wanted some desi taste in my frozen desserts. So I went ahead and made Nolen Gurer Ice Cream. I first heard about this flavour when one of my friends went for her lunch in Bhajahari Manna and she was in all praise about this particular flavour!! I was really curious but sadly I never made it to personally taste this so popular ice cream.

nolen gurer ice cream recipe no churn ice cream recipe

simple no churn bengali Nolen Gurer Ice-Cream recipe / Date - Palm Jaggery Flavoured Ice-Cream recipe

So this year when I had my fill of nolen gurer rasogolla and nolen gurer payesh...I knew I had had to try the Nolen Gurer Ice Cream. We planned to go to our nearest branch of Bhajahari Manna but for some reason that even couldn’t be materialized within our stay in Kolkata. So here I am far far away with almost 1 kg of nolen gur stashed inside my fridge and with pretty lavishing...charming ideas of how to use them in different ways!!! I am all set to store my liquid nolen gur as long as I can which is to say that I will use them in tiny winy drops; because once the winter is over...it’s very hard to get hold of them. The best you can get is the patali gur or the solidified nolen gur. This year I bought real homemade nolen gur from a nearby village and the more I can say about its awesome favour and quality the less it seems.

simple no churn bengali Nolen Gurer Ice-Cream recipe / Date - Palm Jaggery Flavoured Ice-Cream recipe

So if you are obsessed about Nolen Gur too...and missing those plump rasgullas with pungent nolen gur flavour this is your chance to revamp them. Go ahead and in this prickly, sweaty, hot summer treat yourself with a good generous scoop of nolen gurer ice cream.

simple no churn bengali Nolen Gurer Ice-Cream recipe / Date - Palm Jaggery Flavoured Ice-Cream recipe

Nolen Gurer Ice-Cream / Date – Palm Jaggery Flavoured Ice-Cream
Makes enough for 4 persons

simple no churn bengali Nolen Gurer Ice-Cream recipe / Date - Palm Jaggery Flavoured Ice-Cream recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
¾ - 1 cup of condensed milk / as per taste
¼ th cup of liquid nolen gur / 2-3 tbsp of the solid naled gur
Chopped cashew nuts to serve

Method:
In a microwave proof bowl take 2-3 tbsp of the heavy cream and add the solid nolen gur t it. Put it inside the microwave for 2 minutes. The jaggery will melt by the time. Keep it aside and let it come to room temperature.
Whip the heavy cream with a wire whisk / hand blender / kitchen aid until you have nice stiff peaks.
Now add the condensed milk.
Add in your date-palm jaggery or nolen gur. Whatever you are using, the liquid one or the solid one diluted in milk.
Whip again until everything is nicely incorporated.
Taste and if required add more sugar or nolen gur / date palm jaggery.
Pour the entire mixture in a tub and freeze overnight.

Serve with some chopped cashew nuts and a generous drizzle of liquid nolen gur / date palm jaggery.

Comments

Popular Posts